Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thank You

Thank you to everyone who responded with encouraging words to my last post.  Clearly I was in a funk.  Today was a much better day.

The good news is my sinuses feel much better today, much better.

My back?  Not so much.  I woke up at around 4:00 this morning and was miserable.  I thought I'd be counting down the hours until the urgent care clinic opened at 8:00.  But I took some more Aleve and laid on the couch with my heated rice bag, and I was finally able to fall back to sleep.

There is some debate in this household about whether heat is good for my back pain.   I have never used it before, but I didn't have a rice bag before either.  I would like to tell you that the rice bag has become my buddy over the past few weeks!  I've soothed my sinuses by laying face down on it, I've soothed my head by using it as a pillow and head cozy, and now I'm using it to soothe my back.  If you don't have a rice bag, get one, make one, steal one, whatever you have to do to acquire one.  You simply must have one.  I can't wait until my next stomach ache so I can use this baby!  Okay I really don't want a stomach ache, but I've no doubt the rice bag will soothe that too.  I'm grateful to our dear friends who made us three rice bags last month! 

I didn't end up going to urgent care.  I will go tomorrow if there is no improvement, and I won't hesitate to request some Vicodin.  I just want to see if I can manage it without the strong stuff.  Thank goodness my coughing is subsiding because each cough is misery.

I have tomorrow off so I'll be able to take it easy.  I hope everyone has had a fabulous weekend.

6 comments:

  1. When i started working out with my trainer in June i slipped a disc in my back (this was teh 4th time in 10 years). My chiro has me use only ice..20 minutes on 20minutes off. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're taking it easy today. I'm so sorry you're in pain. Sending a ton of hugs your way! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time off and RELAX! I used to use a rice bag for a neck strain....love, love, LOVE the rice bags! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are in spasm, heat will work the best. I would go to urgent care to get some muscle relaxers if youre in spasm too. The longer you wait, the longer it will take to get better. If I can get a muscle relaxer & a heat pack in within 12 hours, usually I'm all better within 2 days. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sooo glad today was a better day for you. I use a rice bag all the time...they are wonderful! I know what you mean about not wanting to take anything really strong...but getting it checked out sounds like a must right now. :-(

    ReplyDelete