Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Confession Time

Alright peeps, I posted before about my excitement about Weight Watchers and upcoming changes to their plan.  I also listed a few of the specific changes.  And last week I even shouted about my excitment about the free fruit.

Today I come before you with a confession which is this: I have not fully embraced this new program.

The main reason for this is that I don't know the program.  I cannot look at the nutrition facts on the package and just know the points.  I have to calculate everything.  I have memorized some of the PointsPlus values for everyday things like my favorite breakfast, but I haven't taken the time to figure everything else out.  It's not that it's difficult, I just need to spend a little time looking over the new program.  At this point I can barely keep track of how many daily points I am allowed, and weekly points?  Not a clue.  Do you know that I have not tracked my points for one whole week since the change?  Not one whole week.

Now if we take a look back, we will see that I have not lost any weight since Thanksgiving.  Weight Watchers introduced their new plan right around Thanksgiving. 

Coincidence?

I think not.

I think you see where I am going with this.

I truly believe in Weight Watchers.  I believe it is a program that works IF YOU work it.  I believe it is not a fad diet, or a quick fix.  I have embraced every single change to the Weight Watchers program through the years.  I have even embraced these most recent changes and figured out many of the benefits.  What I haven't done is taken the time to learn the new program and figure out how to make it work for me.  I haven't figured out how to make it a way of my life

I know all the information for the new plan is available online, and I enjoy having an online only membership.  However, since I was a prior meeting attender, I have all the paper materials and a points calculator in my kitchen.  I use the online system for tracking and keeping track of Points, but I like having the program information at my fingertips.  I have been missing that information ever since the new program was rolled out, but for some reason I haven't done anything about it.  I briefly read some things online and thought about purchasing the materials, but I never got around to it.  Now I am getting around to it, but wouldn't you know it, the kits and calculators are sold out.  Even the expensive $90 kits are sold out.  And would you believe the $12 calculators are selling for like forty bucks on eBay?  That is pure craziness, or desperation.

I won't buy the materials on eBay because I don't think it's right and I wouldn't pay that much anyway.  I'm just going to have to wait until the supplies are restocked online.  Or I suppose I could visit a meeting nearby, maybe they have stock.  Regardless, I need to make some changes and start being more accountable.  I ask myself if I'm just making excuses and I shouldn't rely so much on Weight Watchers to help me lose the weight.  Maybe it's not about a new program or old program, but more about my lack of efforts, period.  Maybe a lot of things.  Maybe Weight Watchers just works for me and relying on a "program" is not a problem.  Maybe I want to be a Weight Watchers success story and tell my story on their website and get a free makeover.  Or maybe I'll just be a returning Lifetime member who rejoined Weight Watchers online and lost a 100 pounds. Maybe I should get back to work, both at my job and on my weight loss efforts.

Maybe I'll write more later. 

Maybe not.

Probably will; I can't shut up.

3 comments:

  1. "I ask myself if I'm just making excuses and I shouldn't rely so much on Weight Watchers to help me lose the weight. Maybe it's not about a new program or old program, but more about my lack of efforts, period." - YES! I've been asking myself the same thing lately, Lori, so I understand where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't have all the supplies you need for the new program, then why don't you just do the old program until the new stuff is in. That way, you are still doing Weight Watchers and you'd probably start losing weight again since you did in the past. You know the old program works. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be able to calculate points in my head, and when the new plan came out I couldn't do that... at first. Try rounding. I use fat grams/4 + carbohydrate grams/10 + protein grams/10. You can divide by 10 in your head easily, and I ignore the fiber part because you need 16 grams per serving to add .5 points - most stuff I eat doesn't have THAT much fiber. Try it out and compare it to actual pointsplus values for a few foods. I think you'll find it easier. :)

    ReplyDelete