Monday, February 14, 2011

Get Thee Behind Me, Excuses!

I admit it, I've fallen prey to the Excuses Demon.  I thought I would feel so much better last week admitting that I haven't been following WW for the past couple of months, blaming it on the new program.  I went away from publishing that post feeling like a complete dolt.  I mean, I know how to eat right and I know how to count calories if nothing else.  I can even count WWPs in my head--the old way if necessary.  To blame the program change is just a copout.  Only I am to blame.  Out of that whole long post, this line is the gist:

Maybe it's not about a new program or old program, but more about my lack of efforts, period.

I don't know why I decided to take the past couple of months off losing weight, but I can't change that fact now.  What's done is done and I must keep moving forward.  I didn't plan on being sick for the past two weeks, but I couldn't help that.  I think I am getting better, although today I've decided to cough my head off.  I still plan to log that mile, though.

And now I must get back into things.  I must make the decision to go back on my "diet".  I believe it is is a diet, yes.  I don't think that's a bad word.  I am making long term lifestyle changes, but I am "dieting" in order to lose weight.  I want to reach my goal weight and in order to do that, I need to cut calories/points and get it done. 

My plans for the week are not huge or unattainable.  I will track everything I eat and stay within my daily points.  I hope to leave some of the weekly points and all activity points on the board.  I also plan to run some.  I still feel pretty zapped so I'm not going to push it.  One mile today; it starts there.  Secretly I hope one mile feels awesome and turns into more, but given the fact that I'll be running late tonight after a birthday party, I'll be happy with one.  I will report back tomorrow with the results.

I forgot to weigh in this morning which might be a good thing since we went out to Olive Garden last night and I did not eat on plan.  I expect recovery will be needed.

Happy Valentine's Day!  Will you celebrate today?

My husband and I don't really do a lot for Valentine's Day.  I usually give him a card and some candy and he gets me something small, too.  I also give my son a card and some candy.  My stepmom's birthday is on Valentine's Day so we usually have dinner with my parents.  Tonight will be the same.

1 comment:

  1. We usually don't celebrate Val Day. I did get hubby a netbook yesterday, but the fact it was the day before the holiday was just coincidence. :-)

    My dad sends me flowers at work....he has for years. I'll admit it's nice getting them! Especially when people ask who they are from, and I can say my dad. Usually results in allot of "awww's". :-)

    The excuse demon has been residing at my house as well. I admit it fully. Yes, I've been sick...but, the rest of the time....I've just been copping out. I didn't work out while traveling for work, and there's no excuse. The hotel gym is very nice!!!! Every week I say "OK, this week I'm back at it"....I seem to fail, so I'm not saying it this week. :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete