Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Weekly Weigh In Update

I weighed in yesterday.  Remember Friday, I weighed the lowest ever at 153.8.  Well, yesterday I weighed, and I don't remember the exact number, but it was something like 157 or 159.  I didn't record it because I didn't want to, plain and simple. 

I've looked back at my weight history and have observed something.  My highest weights are always on Mondays, and my lowest weights are usually on Fridays.  Hmmmm.  Not anything too earth shattering, but clearly represents how I toe the line during the week and indulge a lot more on weekends.  I know this isn't that big of a deal and is very normal.

So I didn't record yesterday's weight and today I weigh 154 which has been recorded. 

I recently changed my weigh in day to Monday, but I might change it again.  Or I might just record the lowest weight from the past week.  There is no harm in that.  Life doesn't really take place in one week increments and should not be lived week by week.  I don't want to focus on it like that. 

I have been guilty of looking at Mondays as a fresh start for everything: a new week to start achieving those workout goals, a new week to get things accomplished at work, a new week so start a better work/life schedule, etc. etc. etc.  But every day is a new day and a day in which you can change yourself, start a habit or stop one. 

Don't put off to tomorrow what you can accomplish today.

This is part of the reason I weigh more than once a week.  I know lots of people who weigh in then go crazy for a day or two, knowing they won't have to face anything for a week.  I don't subscribe to that theory when it comes to weight loss anymore.  Everyday counts and whether you choose to indulge today or tomorrow, you face up to it and own it.  Because it's how life works.  One day at a time.

4 comments:

  1. I weigh myself every morning. I'm kinda obsessive about it. If I go up, I want to know right away so I can make better decisions starting that morning.

    But, I am just like you. I'm up on Monday - and low on Friday. Weekends have too many beers and cupcakes waiting for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my "official" weigh ins on Wednesday for just this reason. Try as I might, Mondays are usually pretty tough. But I weigh in "unofficially" on Mondays and Fridays also, just to check up on myself. Beer and salty foods are my weekend downfall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My weight always bounces up and down at least five pounds every other day. Drives me batty! Good job getting those pounds back off! I think changing your weigh-in day sounds like a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally the same....weekends I eat so much junk. Girl, you are doing amazing!!! 52 followers now:)

    ReplyDelete