Thursday, January 27, 2011

Three Things Thursday-Office Edition

I feel like participating in Three Things Thursday so here I go with the Office Edition (cell phone pics, sorry for the poor quality):

1. I work on the 13th floor of our building, and I have an awesome view.  The spring and fall seasons are wonderful because I can watch the colors changing all over the place.  Right now, however, I get to watch the desolate landscapes and dream of sunshine.  Especially on a foggy day like today.


2. I love the color purple (not the movie).  I have so much purple I sometimes get sick of myself!  Well, not really; I think others might get sick of me, though.  Right now, on my desk at work I have a purple water bottle, purple pens, a purple pencil, a purple iPhone case, purple headphones, a purple toy my son gave me, a purple Mini DryLine, purple post-its, a purple Life is Good mug, a purple binder, a purple tissue box, and on my door handle is a a purple placard.  And that's just what I can see; I didn't even cover what's in the drawers and my bag!  Seriously, I am in love with purple.  (Why oh why didn't I have purple as a color in my wedding?)  Here is a photo of some of the items. 


3. Friends is my all time favorite TV show and I bought a coffee mug just to prove it.  I keep it on my desk filled with mints.  Also in my office is a Friends Trivia game which I have never played but display proudly nonetheless.  Sorry, no picture of it. :)


What's your favorite color?  Do you buy anything and everything just because it's your favorite color?

9 comments:

  1. Where did you get that water bottle? I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite colors are black and burgundy, and I have several things in my house that are those colors. I like purple too. :) LOVE that Friends mug, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rae, I bought the bottle at Sports Authority and I ordered the RUN sticker from Amazon. I was worried the sticker wouldn't stay on, but it stays on just fine. It's made to go on a car so it's heavy duty! The bottle is the perfect size, easy to drink out of, definitely my favorite water bottle of all time. You can probably get one from Amazon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, Lori. Always love posts like these. I had no idea that purple was your favorite color! LOL
    My obsession instead of with color is with Snoopy. I pretty much have him everywhere: hanging from my rearview mirror, on the back of my RAV4, on my desk, on my mug, etc. I'm sure that like me, people you know have no problems ever figuring out gifts for you, do they?
    I love Friends, too.
    BTW, my name isn't Ellen anymore. I've changed it to Princess Consuela Banana Hammock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol Ellen it took me a moment! lmao!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen, that cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post! My favourite colour seems to change frequently, so you wouldn't be able to identify just one theme when looking at my stuff. My favourite colour of the moment is a fresh, bright, turquoise blue, and it is everywhere!
    Hope all is well with you, Lori. It's been a while since I stopped by. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, thanks so much for commenting on my blog post! I totally understand what you're talking about... one reason I love the running community is that we're all super supportive and NONE of us would think you were bragging or being selfish by talking about your training!!!

    Also--like you, I try not to be negative about anyone (or about my job) on this blog on the off chance that someone stumbles upon it. It is a little bit like a diary, but it's good to be aware of possible consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really have a favorite color. I love red, black, aqua......yeah, pretty much all of them.

    Except yellow. I'm not really a yellow fan. Hmmm...never thought about it before. :-)

    ReplyDelete