Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One Year Later

I must post today as it was one year ago today that I started on the journey to health.  Unfortunately, I am not feeling all that creative or philosophical tonight so this will be quick.

Some of my accomplishments:

  • I have lost 80 lbs (officially 79 at weigh in, but 80 as of this morning, and before Christmas).
  • I started and completed the Couch to 5K running program.
  • I can now run a 10K without stopping to walk, longest run to date is 6.5 miles.
  • I can run for an hour on the treadmill, all the while staring at a red wall.
  • I have run a mile in less than 10 minutes.
  • I have gone from a tight size 18 to a comfortable size 10.

Some things I've learned:

  • My passion for cooking is coupled with my passion for eating.  The less I cook (new, fancy recipes), the better off I am.
  • I can accomplish that which I put my mind to.
  • I don't actually want to be skinny, I want to be fit and healthy.
  • I actually like running in the cold weather.

Some goals to reach in 2011:

  • I want to reach my goal weight of 136.8 and learn about maintenance.
  • I want to run (on average) a 10 minute mile pace.
  • I want to run Bloomsday in May (a 12K) without stopping to walk, even on the dreaded Doomsday hill!
  • I want to run 10 miles without stopping to walk.
  • Mostly I want to make it through winter intact, still running, and weighing less.

Now, on to year 2!  There will be more accomplishments, and more learning, and more goals.  As long as I'm moving forward, I'll be happy.  Of course I'd like to reach my goal weight like tomorrow, and run those 10 miles like next week, but one day at a time....

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate it so much!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary! I have one in two weeks as well...but nowhere near 80 pounds lost. You are crushing it! (The kids tell me that's a good thing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bloggy birthday! =) my 1/2 bloggy birthday is next week. You have accomplished so much this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I'm SO PROUD of everything you've accomplished, Lori! You inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many wishes for a wonderful 2011. You've accomplished SO much, Lori; I'm truly amazed by your progress. What took me years to do, you did in 12 months. Amazing.
    I have no doubt that you will achieve every goal you set for this year. You are one determined woman Congratulations on this milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fit and healthy is the best goal!!! Heck with the numbers, feeling good trumps all!!!

    Way to go, and best wishes for what it around the corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've accomplished and learned so much in one year. You will reach your goals in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great accomplishments...Can't wait to read what this year will bring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary!

    you've done a great job, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an inspiration you are, Lori. Congrats on all that you've accomplished so far. I have no doubt you will cross all these goals off your list before you know it!

    ReplyDelete