Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blogging!

Yo!

Yesterday I was so thrilled because I noticed I have 50 followers! Today I have 51!  I love that!  Now I hope you're following because you want to read about me and my life and not just because I'm following your blog.

What is the blog etiquette on that one?  I mean, I don't follow everyone who follows me.  I follow the blogs I want to read.  I hope you do the same, but is there an official etiquette rule on that one?

I have been thinking about this blog lately and what I want to do with it.  For sure I want to keep using it as my place for talking about weight loss and running, and if I can inspire even one person to make changes in their life, I will feel awesome!  I mostly want to use it for staying accountable and continuing my own efforts towards a healthy life.  I love the outlet of this blog for bragging, venting, or just reflecting and evaluating.  Staying committed to this blog will help me stay committed to my goals.

I also love having this place to write!  I love writing!  I wish wish wish I'd gone to college to learn how to do it with skill.  I wish I could get paid to do it!  When I was a kid I used to write stories; my first one was in elementary and it was about My Little Ponies meeting Cabbage Patch Kids!  I wish I still had that story as a keepsake.  On into junior high and high school I wrote teen romance novellas.  Mainly to fulfill the dreams I had of finding love.  I have since destroyed all evidence of those stories which is kind of a bummer.  I wish I had those too.  Now, as an adult I still love to write, but I don't write stories anymore.  I have kept a journal since high school and I still use that somewhat, but for the past year, I have written here more than anywhere.  I love it!  Whether I have skill or not, I love getting my thoughts out of my head into the written word.

I like to read healthy living blogs, but the ones I enjoy the most include everything.  Not every post is about eating or running or fitness, there's a bit of everyday life thrown in too.  So with that in mind, I'm planning to add more about the other parts of my life here on this blog, either with more pictures, more words or both.  I know I've posted about some of the family stuff before, but usually as it relates to my running and dieting.  Going forward there might be no connection with any of it, and there might be no major revelations or self discoveries involved, I might just like sharing a picture of my super cute cat!


This is Tucker.  He is one of my cats.  He is super cute.
 Anyway, I thank each and every reader and follower, whether here by choice or default (because I follow you).  I really appreciate you following along and sharing in my life.  It is super fun to have this blog!   

Do you blog?  What do you love about it?  Do you share it with people you know?

5 comments:

  1. I have no idea what the official blog etiquette really is, but I try to follow those who follow me, and that I enjoy. I share my blog with anyone that wants to read it. I have no secrets on my blog, and if I do... well the cyber world knows now... why not the people close to me? I love blogging because I cna go back and see where I was... get some old ideas moving again... stay on track!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, if you have a dream of writing a book then by all means DO IT. Take it from someone who knows - don't let the years pass you by - get started NOW. There are publishers out there seeking every thing from romance to inspirational and every thing in between. If there's anything I could do over, I would have started chasing my dream a lot sooner. You can do anything you set your mind to. Just look at your weight loss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow your blog, too, but not on facebook! Anyway, I blog right now mostly about exercise and food, since I am trying to be accountable and I'm early in my weight loss journey. I do it because it's fun, and to be honest, the community is awesome, though I don't have much of one yet (grin). However, I talk about things in my life interspersed within my posts, though the main topics are based on gym, eating, issues, inspirations, that kind of thing. As I go snowshoeing/hiking (and I plan to do a lot of this), I'll be posting photos and info on where I went, since it's so amazingly beautiful, and to keep track of my accomplishments. By the way, cute cat!!! (I will have my cats on my blog too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, thank you for the encouragement on writing! It would be super awesome for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tucker looks like a sweetheart!!!

    ReplyDelete