Wednesday, January 19, 2011

After the Run

Running outside is a beautiful thing.  I cannot wait until the temps are warmer!!! 

Today's run was only about getting out there, and not about pace or distance.  I ended up completing 4.8 miles with a pace of 11 min/mile.  I am happy about that, but mainly I am just grateful for the sunshine today (and also for my job which allows me to work at home occasionally.)

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run". Monte Davis, runner

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm new here and think you are doing a fantastic job on your journey! I also can really relate to the winter blues. I try to run outside as much as possible on sunny days and I take extra vitamin D. It really seems to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Lori! :) I love that quote too. I'm not a runner (yet), but I can imagine how that would be a great anti-depressant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to get out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sun is shining bright today, wish I'd thought to bring better shoes....I'd at least try to get a walk in over lunch. Blue skies = awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on getting your miles in! I can't wait to get cleared to run again. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete