Friday, March 4, 2011

The ABCs of Me!

I'm jumping on the ABC bandwagon to share a few things about myself. 

A. Age: 36 1/2 on Feb. 28.  My birthday is Aug. 28.

B. Bed size: Queen.  We slept in a double bed for the first 5 years of marriage, along with two dogs (see D).  When we got our Queen it felt like an ocean of room!  Now, with no dogs, but sometimes a 9 year old (see K) in bed with us, we could really use a King size.

C. Chore you dislike: toilets!  Especially after my son has had friends over.  Yuck!

D. Dogs: love dogs!  Have one yellow lab named Chance.  We used to have two dogs, a Dalmation named Dawson who died, and a black lab/rottweiler mix named Warrick who we had to give away. :-(  Warrick has probably passed on now too, otherwise he would be 14 now.

E. Essential start to your day: breakfast!!  I cannot skip breakfast EVER!  And coffee! (I wish I could answer "workout" on this one.)

F. Favorite color: purple

G. Gold or silver: silver, although my wedding ring is gold.  We were married in the 90s, what are you gonna do?

H. Height: 5' 5.5"  That .5 is kinda annoying because it's never a choice on a height chart or web form.  Do I choose 5'5" or 5'6"?  It makes me anxious. :)

I. Instrument(s) you played: clarinet from 5th grade through 9th grade.  I really like it until 9th grade when I changed schools and found that first chair in a small school was 14th (out of 16) in a large school.  You can call me a quitter on this one.  Oh, I was also a pro on the Magical Musical Thing in my childhood.

J. Job Title: Accounting Manager, although I don't manage anyone so I usually list Accountant.

K. Kids: 1 son who is 9.  We will stick with one, why mess with perfection?  I am a pet mom to 4.

L. Live: in Spokane, WA a.k.a. Spokompton or Spokane, USA.

M. Mom's name: Diane

N. Nicknames: my husband calls me honey; at home I sometimes forget I have a first name.  My dad called me Monkey Monkey when I was very little and then The Monk, but that has long since gone by the way side, thank goodness.

O. Overnight hospital stays: had my tonsils out and tubes put in when I was 4 (kids don't get that overnight stay these days).  I also spent the night when I had my son.

P. Pet peeves: plucking or waxing eyebrows.  Why can't a unibrow be high fashion?

Q. Quote from a movie: "I still sometimes wish that I am the mother of your children." Susannah to Tristan in Legends of the Fall (and when she says it I always wish it too!)

R. Righty or lefty: righty

S. Siblings: brother (40), stepbrother (30--for 3 more days), Stepbrother (32)

T. Time you wake up: later than I want to.

U. Underwear: yes.  Bikini only; no butt floss or whale tails for this girl.

V. Veggies you don't like: broccoli, some kinds of lettuce, radishes, I'm sure there are more.  I only like basic veggies.

W. What makes you run late: sleeping in (see T).

X. X-rays you've had: when I was 3 I swallowed a straight pin so I had my belly x-rayed.  Sure enough it was in there.  And then it came out--naturally.  Isn't that a fun story?  I also had my ankle x-rayed a couple years ago and my shin x-rayed last fall.

Y. Yummy food you make: pumpkin cheesecake and lasagna

Z. Zoo animal favorites: tigers and otters most, but I also find Meerkats and prairie dogs to be adorable.

Tag, you're it!  I challenge you to share the ABCs of you!

4 comments:

  1. 1) I want some of your yummy food.

    2) What is a whale tail? LOL

    Loved reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, thanks for visiting. A while tail is when your thong underwear sticks up above the wasteband of your jeans and the shape of the fabric resembles that of a tail of a whale above the water. LOL Not cool in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww! I hate seeing people's exposed thongs!

    I only want one "K," too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whale tails are pretty gross. Ick.

    What a fun little post. I think I'm going to play along over at my place.

    I'm with you on the toilets! The bathroom in general is my least favorite chore.

    ReplyDelete