Saturday, March 5, 2011

Meet Forrest


I would like to introduce you to Forrest, my new Garmin Forerunner 405CX.  I decided on the 405CX for a simple reason: it is what they had at Costco.  I really considered ordering the less expensive 305 from Amazon, but when it came right down to it, I really don't like the look of that thing.  When there are other options available, I couldn't bring myself to buy that clunky model.  I also considered getting the 405 from Amazon because it was $20 cheaper, but the 405CX is blue.  Not a lovely blue, mind you, but different than black which makes it more unique.  The green 405 is also nice, but I really wanted to walk out of a store with the watch Thursday night before I lost my nerve and succombed to the notion that spending that much money at the moment is frivolous and stupid.  When the mood to behave impulsively strikes, you must act quickly before reason takes over. :-)  Anyway, now I have Forrest and we're going to become best pals, I just know it.

Today Forrest and I headed out for our inaugural run and it was awesome!  Not the run itself because that actually sucked; it was cold and my legs weren't into it.  But I signed up for 30 minutes and that is what I aimed to complete.  I will write a more complete review of Forrest and its features another time, but for now I will tell you that being able to view the stats right there on my wrist was just awesome!  And knowing the distance was accurate and the pace was current was just wonderful and kept me going even when I wanted to quit!  Thanks, Forrest!

I'm sure it's obvious how I came up with Forrest's name, isn't it?  Okay, it wasn't obvious to my husband so maybe it isn't as abvious as I think.  I'll explain.  It's a Forerunner so the first name I thought of was Forrest, cuz you know, they both start with the same three letters.  Well, when I hear the name Forrest the first thing that comes to mind is "Run, Forrest, Run!"  And well, that sounded perfect to me. So Forrest was born and you know, "Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what yer gonna git."

4 comments:

  1. Awww congrats on Forrest! He is handsome! I just got the 305 and love it. I'm sure he won't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the 405 in green. Love it! I don't love the bezel honestely, but I don't know what I'd do without my Garmin. My friend has been trying to get me to name mine since I got it! I've decided it's a girl. I just don't know what to name her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to get one too! But haven't bit the bullet yet..maybe soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks great on your wrist...the color isn't bad at all!!!

    I bought myself a 305 for xmas, and am in love! For the same reasons you listed....seeing the current pace, distance, etc etc....and knowing it's much more accurate than my nike+ sportband.

    I tried the 405 on, and it didn't fit my wrist, at all. It wasn't that it was too small or too big.....but I could never get it tight enough to not spin around. My aunt has one and loves it though!!!!!!

    Can't wait to hear all about your journeys together. :-)

    ReplyDelete