Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm sorry, I'm one of those people!

Today I did one of those things that I thought I'd never do.  I returned a used but perfectly good product just because I found it cheaper elsewhere!!

Did anyone see or take advantage of Amazon's Garmin deal the other day?  I did!

I know, I know, I'm one of those people!

I promptly snatched one up, used my awesome Amazon Prime membership to have it shipped overnight for $3.99, and had it in my hot little hands yesterday!

This afternoon I returned the Garmin 405CX to Costco.  I felt remorse, I still do.  Especially when they attached the "non-saleable" tag to it.  But a $50 savings is a $50 savings.  That is how much I save by getting the Garmin 405 from Amazon.  I lose the calorie calculation feature, but I have zero plans to use the heart rate monitor anyway so it's not a big deal to me at all.

I know Costco has their satisfaction guarantee for a reason, but I still feel badly for taking advantage of it.  I heard about a lady once who bought grass seed from Costco, planted it, then brought the empty bags back the next year for a refund because she didn't like the look of the grass!  I'm not as bad as that, right?!

Anyway, new black Garmin will also be known as Forrest and we'll just pretend blue Forrest never existed.


Have you ever returned a used product because you found a better deal?  Did you feel remorse?

Ps. Don't forget to enter my Chobani giveaway!

5 comments:

  1. I saw the deal, and was drooling *all* over it!! An awesome deal, though unfortunately still too much for me to pay right now!

    Tell us how you're liking Forrest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I actually feel ENTITLED to return items when I find them cheaper elsewhere. Maybe it's a Canadian thing. A lot of our stores actually have pretty aggressive price-match policies (ie. find it cheaper and we'll match the price and beat it by 10%). Win win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I returned a video game that I bought for a xmas present because I found it cheaper somewhere else. I got a garmin in jan love it. Still have a lot to learn about it.Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a garmin and used to love it..until I decided to run with fewer things and couldn't cut out my cell phone...in case of emergency? and now use that to track distance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the WORST about taking things back. Half the time they sit in the trunk of my car, until the return time frame has expired.

    ReplyDelete