Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Treadmill Made Me Faster

Or else Nike+ just isn't that accurate.

I'm going with the faster thing.

Tonight's run was really awesome.  I came home from work and was able to go out immediately for a run.  I completed 3.6 miles with an average pace of 10:46 which includes both a warm up and cool down walk.  Miles two and three were 9:54 and 10:02 respectively.  I'm loving that!!  Thank goodness for Forrest who is becoming and awesome running partner!  It makes me feel like a winter on the treadmill has not sucked as much as I thought!

So I've registered for a few events.  Here's what my schedule looks like so far:

May 1 - Bloomsday (12K)
July 23 - Spokane Indians 8K Pennant Run
Sept 11 - Athleta Iron Girl 10K Run

I talked with my friend briefly about the RnR half.  Neither of us feel like embarking on a strict training schedule to plan on running the entire thing.  But, we are down with the idea of a run/walk.  Hmmm, it sure would be fun to get that medal.

Tomorrow's Friday, my day off.  I have a bit of work to do, though.  But I have a 4 mile run on the schedule.  An easy, flat 4 miler that may even turn into more.  I'd love to log 5.

1 comment:

  1. i am off today too! i decided to skip getting a pedi for a workout. I am hoping i can drop ty off at 915 and do a 30 minute workout, shower, grochery shop and get back to my sons school by 1145

    ReplyDelete