Friday, March 4, 2011

Fastest Run EVER

I just wanted to announce today that I ran my fastest 5K ever last night!  I completed it in 31:18!  I wish I could say that it was easy, but it was really hard for me--my legs just don't go that fast!  And my lungs, they could barely keep up!  I nearly gave up the run about 2.8 miles, but kept screaming at myself to DIG!!  It felt great when I was done--well, once I caught my breath anyway. 

I have to work today (on my day off) so I had to put my usual Friday morning run off until this evening.  I am planning another 5K, only a really easy one this time.  I have been slacking so much on running I don't want to push too much this week on my first week back on schedule.  I also plan an easy 30 minute run this weekend although I might change it to a walk depending on how my legs feel.

I might have bought myself a Garmin 405cx last night.  I'm still deciding whether to admit it or not. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. You GO girl!! Congrats on the fabulous run and the Garmin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Runs like that are what make them all get faster. Keep it up and you'll have a sub 30:00 in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go! Congrats, Lori! Oh, and I have a Garmin 60CSx and LOVE IT! Garmin's are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on that 5K time!!
    enjoy the Garmin, youll love it!

    ReplyDelete