Saturday, December 11, 2010

Honest Scrap Blog Award

Jessica over at See How She Runs passed on the Honest Scrap Blog Award to me.  Thank you.


I now must share 10 honest things about myself and then pass this award onto 4 other bloggers who have shown their honesty through their blogs.  (Note: I have taken a very long time to post about this as it was given to me on Nov. 18.)

1. I have three tattoos, one of which is on my left arm almost up to my shoulder.  I would get this tattoo removed if I had the money.  It's not that I don't like it, I actually still like the actual picture (it's a yin and yang with dolphins), it's just that having a tattoo on my arm is really not me.  I never go sleeveless except in a bathing suit (not often!) so no one ever gets to see the thing anyway.  Oh well, I was young once.  I like tattoos for the most part, when they are small and coverable.

2. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.  I currently work as an accountant in a law firm.  I have been in my job, or a variation of it, for 11 years.  I have worked in finance or some capacity of it for 16 years.  I enjoy it and I am completely loyal to my employer.  But, if I knew what I really wanted to do, and felt like spending the time and money finishing my BA degree (I have an AA), I would go for it.  Life is too short to not pursue your passions, if you know what they actually are.  Luckily, I'm happy enough in my job that if I have it until retirement, I'll be okay with it. 

3. I love reading.  I love getting caught up in a great book.  I actually feel bad for people who don't know the joy of reading and I am considering volunteering with an adult literacy program when my son gets older and I have more time.  I would also love to help children with reading.  I believe sharing my passion for reading with others would be an awesome way to "pay it forward".

4. I am afraid of going crazy.  Crazy people don't know they're crazy, right?  I am prone to depression and anxiety and I worry sometimes that I'll not snap out of it, that no amount of medication, therapy or exercise will help me.  How do people get so lost in it that they're driven to harm themselves or others?

5. I secretly wish I was a writer, but I have no skill.  I pretend to know how to form complete sentences on this blog.

6. I have an irrational fear of spiders.  I have had dreams about them.  I don't like seeing them or thinking about them.  And as much as I hate them, I can't kill them.  What if they touched me, or I heard them crunch?  Ick ick ick!  One time, when I was about 16 and visiting my mom in Seattle, a spider the size of a mouse came crawling into the room.  I stood on the chair for an hour until my mom got home to kill it for me.

7. I have an unhealthy addiction to all things Starbucks.  I love the drinks, the cups, the mugs, the bears, the logo, everything.  I have a bear collection, a city mug collection, and many, many of their other regular mugs.  If I told you how much money we spent this year at Starbucks, despite my husband being unemployed, you'd freak.  I'm freaking!

8. I am not sure if I believe in God yet or not.  I am exploring the possibilities and taking a spiritual journey.  I am enjoying what I am learning so far, but I have a lot of childhood baggage to get through.

9. I worry that my son will hate me for only having one child and that he'll grow up lonely.  My husband and I made a choice to have one child for various reasons, some of which I'll probably talk about on this blog someday.  I feel like I have enough with one child, but I still worry that I've made the wrong choice.

10. I have watched Legends of the Fall hundreds of times and I still wish for a different ending every time!

I am passing this blog award onto the following four people:

Ellen at  Fat Girl Wearing Thin (she has a really cute blog theme going on right now so go check it out!)
Stephanie at She's in There Somewhere
Katie at Finding the Thin Within
Lucy at Lucy's Journey

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Lori! I'm truly flattered. :) *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading and learning more about you...could your number 3 perhaps be an idea for you julie&julia blog? Maybe read a book by an author from each letter of the alphabet? Tap into genres you may not normally read?

    In response to #9, I don't think your son will hate you for him being an only child. However, I would teach him the imporance of independence. As an only child, having a strong core of independence really helped after my Dad died and I had his final business to take care of on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That movie almost makes me hurt. The roller coaster of emotions are painful. :-) :-)

    Mmmmmmm......Starrrbuckkkssssss.

    ReplyDelete