Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The (Half) Marathon Question

I have been struggling for weeks with the whole (half) marathon bug; do I or don't I?  Don't I have to?  Shouldn't I want to?  If I'm a runner (and my blog name has the word run in it) shouldn't I be scheduling my first half or even full marathon right about now?  As I've been planning my 2011 goals, I've been mulling over these thoughts a lot. And struggling.  Because at the heart of it, I really don't want to plan a half or full marathon.  Gasp!  How can I not want that?  Surely that's what ever runner is supposed to want.

Emily over at The Front Burner posted about this very thing today, and I loved reading what she had to say!!  So much so, I am linking to her post because some of you might enjoy it too, especially if you're like me and feeling the (internal or external) pressure to plan a marathon (or half).  Hop on over to Emily's awesome blog and check it out.  In addition to the post mentioned, you'll find lots of good stuff over there about running, eating, and just plain ol' good living!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had some answers for you. *HUGS* I'm soooo far from entering a half-marathon, but I look forward to the day when I'll be healthy enough to have that option to participate in one or not. Let us know what you decide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say don't push yourself to do something you really don't want to do! Marathons and 1/2 marathons aren't for everyone and that's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I entered and ran a half this year, because I needed a solid goal. Now I'm hooked.

    But, I'm still debating the full. I just don't know. :-)

    ReplyDelete