Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I Blame the Chips!

I blame them because they couldn't be left alone.  They were screaming out to me:  put cheese on me, nuke me, eat me!  And I didn't refuse like I should have!

That was last night and today's weigh in finds me at 158.4!  I was looking at a loss this week until the chips.  Now I get to post a 1.2 pound gain.  It's not my fault, it was the chips!

I posted yesterday that the only thing harder than the last 20 pounds is the last 10.  I'm not sure if I made that up, or if I read it somewhere, but I believe it with my whole heart.  And it has nothing to do with your body or biology of any kind.  It's all mental.  The games, the tricks, the antics of the mind can be the biggest obstacle.  Isn't this true for most things?

I have lost (almost) 80 pounds.  It's been relatively easy, really.  It has taken motivation and drive, but otherwise it's been fairly simple.  Eat less, move more, yada yada yada.  Now that I'm within 20 pounds of my goal, things like chips calling out are harder to ignore when the mind is saying, "Oh, you can have that, it won't make too much of a difference.  You'll just run a little extra next time."  The problem is when "next time" never comes around. 

I missed my Monday run again!  For that one I have only myself to blame, although I try to blame my schedule.  "But, dearheart", my mind says, "you could have gotten up before work to get it done.  You suck!"  Let the self loathing commence.

Anyway, I'm not off track completely, and I'm not giving up in the slightest, but I know I've still got a long road with this last 5th of my weight loss journey.  Two weeks and two gains could be the recipe for disaster, but mark my words, I'll be a loser next week.  And not just because my mind tells me so.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh! The curse of the last ten! It took me forever it seemed to lose it and you're right: the mind plays tricks. The closer you are, the harder it is. Hang in there, Lori. You are almost there - you'll make it, chips or no chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After losing over 60 pounds I'm in the midst of a setback. Dang food altogether. Chips and chocolate should go on a vacation and not come back. I would say in my case the food and confidence thing is totally 99% mental.

    Good luck next week. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about that gain. I guess I'm fortunate that I rarely ever crave chips. Now pizza ... well, that's a whole other story. LOL And, yes, you WILL be a loser next week, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete