Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's the Little Things

This week has been, how shall I say...terrible. 

Let's reflect:

I have logged my lowest mileage in months.

I have eaten over my points on two separate days including today.

I'm aware that it could have been much, much worse, and depending on my weigh in results Tuesday, it still could be. 

I am planning to get right back on track tomorrow and I guess I haven't eaten that much, but I feel sluggish and lazy.  I wish I would have run more, but I'm resting my leg.  That part feels like a good thing, but overall I miss the activity and stress reliever.  And stress?  Yep, I got it.

A major part of my week included being really busy at work and having to decide more about what not to get done than what to get done.  These kinds of work weeks always leave me feeling drained.  I've also been worrying because my husband still hasn't found a job after 15 months of unemployment.  I've been very good for all these months about looking at the positives in the situation, but overall it basically sucks and I'm ready to start saying it.  It sucks, it isn't fair, and it's driving us crazy! Something has gotta come along, doesn't it?!  It's about time for us to get a break!!

My son has been extra mouthy to me too all week, although he's probably just feeding off the stress I'm radiating.  I'm so thankful the weekend is here and I'll have time to reflect and plan and relax.  I'm glad there's nothing on the schedule except church and a soccer game on Sunday.  That means tomorrow will be free for journaling, Christmas cards, organizing, goal planning, scrapbooking, and spending time as a family--getting in a 5K too, of course.

I had planned to post about my 2011 goals this week, but lack of time and motivation deterred my efforts.   I apologize for that, to you and to myself.  I really wanted to put something in writing on this blog.  Oh well, there's always the weekend.

One good thing about my week was a visit to the doctor today for my annual physical.  My doctor congratulated me on losing weight and gave me all expected kind words, but that wasn't the good part.  The good part was that the gown FIT!  It not only closed in the back, even when I sat down, but there was plenty of extra room.  My visit to the doctor's office last year was humiliating and still fresh in my mind when I went in there today.  Last year the gown was too small, the drape seemed more like handkerchief and if that wasn't humiliating enough, the doctor felt the need to let me know that I was too heavy.  I always hate going to the doctor, but I can honestly say today's visit was the best one I've had in a long time.  And all because of a dumb gown. 

It's the little things.

4 comments:

  1. Sending you a ton of (((((((HUGS)))))))). I hope this coming week is a much better one for you. But kudos on the Doctor visit! That is GREAT! So proud of you, Lori! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's awesome.

    Wanted to let you know that I just bought a treadmill. It is supposed to get here on Saturday. Also, I pre-registered for a 5k in May here in Indianapolis. I'll be starting C25K again, just to make sure I don't overdo it. Anyway, all of that is because you make me miss running. :) You're inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have to celebrate the little things....although, if you ask me, this isn't a little thing at all. Congrats!!!!!!

    This last week, for me, was horrible as well. My lowest mileage, my worst eating...the works! I'm dreading what the scale will say Wednesday....but, this is a new week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Stephanie, thank you!!

    @Emily, OMG, you're like a real blogger reading my blog!! Super cool! Congrats on your treadmill purchase and for signing up for the 5K! That's awesome!! Keep me posted, okay?

    @Nej, why do the terrible weeks stand out more than the good ones? Sorry to hear you had one too!

    ReplyDelete