Monday, December 27, 2010

A Redeeming Run

I am super happy to report that I ran today and not only that, I ran outside!! I completed 6.57 miles at an average pace of 11:06 per mile.  Woohoo! 

It was an icy run.  At first I was like a mouse in a maze, running down a road until encountering too much ice and having to turn back and go a different way.  It was a little frustrating.  But then I got out to the main road and it was much, much better.  It was another run where I went out without a plan other than to complete at least 3.1 miles.  And despite the 34 degee temperature it felt so good to be out there.  I felt great and so happy to not be on the treadmill.  It was also the middle of the day; I love vacation!

As for eating today, I stuck strictly to plan.  I predict the scale will go down tomorrow.  As for today, I report a 2.2 pound gain for the week.  Boo!

4 comments:

  1. sounds like a great run, good for you for not turning around and going home. Sometimes the runs that are a little challenging at first, can be the best!
    As for the gain, it's the time of year, it's hard not to over eat when so many temptations are around, you'll have it off in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job getting out there in the elements! Must have been rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Sounds like a great run!!!! Mid day - call me jealous!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME on that exercise! Way to go! You'll have that gain back off in no time. Hang in there! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete