Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

It's about 10:00 on Christmas Eve and I am ready for bed!  This is the traditional day we have our Christmas celebration and open gifts with my family.  We prefer to be home on Christmas morning so we open gifts with them on Christmas Eve.  And part of the celebration is, of course, food.  So to prepare myself I got my lazy butt up this morning to run at 6:30.  I was so proud to log 5 miles before the eating frenzy would begin. 

I wish I could say I did well with the food temptations, but I indulged in everything from bean dip to chips to carmel corn and pumpkin bread.  All of this for two meals this day, both lunch and dinner.  At one point I actually felt like I'd eaten too much and I hate that feeling.  But, it's just a day and I can move on.  I avoided the candy and cookies so I still consider the day a bit of a success.  We head back over there tomorrow afternoon, but I'm okay with more indulgences.  I feel confident that I'll jump right back on program come Sunday.

Super exciting event of the day, I am now the proud owner of one of these. 

So even though I avoided Christmas baking, I'm pretty sure there will be some New Year treats coming our way! 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the mixer! I had to borrow my mom's for my baking this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my kitchen Aid mixer- ENJOY! I love the red color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting in that 5 mile run!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope you are enjoying your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! I LOVE those mixers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you left a comment so we can be blog friends!!
    I'm so jealous of your BEAUTIFUL Kitchen Aid. I love it! In all of my indulging I seemed to have left out pumpkin bread...how did that happen!?!? I hope you had a great Christmas! Here's to getting back on track, right??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your sweet comment, you made my day! I hope you had an amazing day and I LOVE your new KitchenAide....pretty sure I use mine everyday! I hate that feeling too of eating too much....you would think we would learn!

    ReplyDelete