Sunday, October 16, 2011

Best Week on the Exercise Front

With the completion of Friday's run, I officially had my best workout week ever.  I completed 5 cardio workouts, 4 ab workouts, and 2 strength workouts.  I really feel great!

My eating for the week was fairly okay so the fact that the scale didn't move is a huge disappointment.  It's like no matter what I do I am still stuck in the GD 160s!  I'm getting so frustrated! 

I know I just need to keep on keepin' on, but it's hard to stay motivated when I do not see results.  And please don't comment and say, "Muscle weighs more than fat."  That's the biggest excuse in the book.  Clearly, I'm eating too many calories even though I'm burning a lot of them too. 

I counted Points all week, too.  I tried something different by not logging my exercise on the WW app so that alleviated the temptation of blowing through the activity points.  I know I don't lose when I use all daily, weekly, and activity points, but it seems I don't lose anyway.  I'm sorry if this seems like a big whine fest, but it's frustrating.

I have officially switched my goal from 100 pounds to 90.  Mainly it's the skin.  My stomach and arms both have loose skin that I know will not go away without surgery.  (I'm not opposed to surgery, but I also don't have the money for it so getting it is unlikely.)  With the added weight of the skin and just what I know about my body, getting into the 140s will be hard enough.  I want a goal weight that I'll be able to maintain for the long haul and not just a weight to hit and then start floating back up.  So 146.8 is my official goal weight right now, but I'll take 159 for the moment.  It's 6 pounds away.

Anyway, that's me.  I wanted to document my workouts on the blog last week for accountability and motivation.  Hopefully, I'll maintain my stamina with regards to that.  And hopefully if I just keep doing what I am doing, my weight will go down.

2 comments:

  1. Oh it always annoyed me when people would say "muscle weighs more than fat." No it doesn't... a pound is a pound is a pound, regardless of if it's muscle or fat! I understand it's frustrating to work so hard and yet not see results. I definitely had weeks like that when I was losing weight, and the only answer I could really come up with was, do I need to change my carb/fat/protein ratio (less carbs, more protein?) or shake up my exercise? And if I've done those things and still no loss on the scale... hello, patience. Eventually, the scale budges. It really has no other option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muscle does not weigh more than fat - a pound is a pound is a pound. When you develop new muscles the proportion of muscle to fat can change but it should not impact your weight. However, when you increase your excercise there can be an increased level of cortisol in your body which can cause you to retain water but as you maintaine your new excercise regime this level will return to normal so in time you will see the weight loss. It also takes about 3 months for new muscle/muscle growth to take place. I am not a medical person but this is what i have learnt from my own journey. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete