Tuesday, October 25, 2011

7/21: The Morning Workout Challenge Week 2

Today's weight: 162.4 (15.6 lbs from goal)

Today didn't start with any workout.  Last night I want to bed at 9:40.  I read until 10:00.  Unfortunately sleep was not near and would not arrive until after 1:00 in the morning!  My mind is going crazy right now. My husband has been moved to the next step of the selection process for the job.  One step closer but still waiting.  Still going crazy.  I'm trying not to think about it, yet trying not the think about it still kept me awake for hours last night.  Needless to say, I barely got out of bed to get to work this morning.  Maybe I'll work out after work, maybe not. 
**********
The Morning Workout Challenge
Weight Watchers Sept/Oct 2011

Week 2
Rise Up
The novelty of waking up to work out might be wearing off.  Your focus now is to resist the temptation to hide under the covers.

Feet on the ground.  Resist the urge to hit the snooze button.  Sit up in bed and put your feet on the floor before turning off your alarm. 

Let the music motivate you.  Download songs that make you want to dance.  Listening to the them while you put on your exercise clothes will get you energized for your workout--and the day.

Keep your eyes on the prize.  Hang up those skinny jeans or that cocktail dress you're trying to fit into, so that it's one of the first things you see in the morning.

Kick it up a notch.  Try to add 15 minutes to each workout, to bring your session to 45 minutes.
**********

What I have found helpful with getting up is to put the alarm (which happens to be on my phone) on top of my dresser which forces me to actually get out of bed to turn it off.  Then I force myself to not get back in bed although I might sit back down and read email on my phone or see if it's my move on any of my Words with Friends games.  I like to wake up for a couple minutes before getting up.

I'm sure it would be awesome to turn off the alarm and then turn on the tunes while getting dressed, but my husband would probably not appreciate that.  Plus, I try my hardest not to wake up my son who is an early riser by nature anyway.  So I pretty much tip toe around until I get to the basement treadmill or out the door to the gym.

How about you?  Do you get to fly out of bed and tear through the house on your way to workout, or do you tip toe around in silence?

1 comment:

  1. I tiptoe...but only so I dont wake the 5 year old and get derailed from said workout :)

    ReplyDelete