Wednesday, October 19, 2011

21 Day Challenge (1/21)

I'm embarking on a new plan today.  I know I've said it before, but this time I mean it! I have a new idea.  It takes 21 days to form a habit, or so they say.  So today is day 1 of my 21 day plan to get back on track.  This will take me from today until November 8.  It's not about trying to be perfect, or lose a certain amount of weight, or run a certain number of miles.  It's more about getting my mind back to where it should be with regard to both eating and exercise.

Part of my plan is to use a paper WW tracker to record my foods, exercise and thoughts.  I feel that it's important to take tracking seriously rather than using the WW iPhone app and not really paying attention to how many Points I'm using.  I'm also going back to weighing myself each morning because I just like that (sorry Mr. McKenna, but you didn't help me.)  For giggles, I'm going to use today's weight as my starting weight for the purposes of this challenge.

Today's weight: 165.6

And so we begin with a day on plan.  I know me and after justone day doing well, I'll wake up tomorrow feeling so much better.  Not just physically, but also mentally.  You always have to start with the first day and that is today.  Each day after that will just build and build.  I can do this!  I have never lost sight of my goal, and I've never thought I wouldn't get there there.  Unfortunately, I just haven't been as focused on the goal as I was.  But it's never too late. 

I hope to blog more during this challenge, too.  Blogging=accountability. 

How about you?  Have you been struggling?  Do you want to start today, creating/changing your habit(s) for the next 21 days?

2 comments:

  1. Delurking. Totally struggling. Have decided to count calories. WW points isn't working. I've been trying to eat Core/Simply Filling and that seems to be so much better. I feel great when I eat that way. Now to just get my rear in gear and exercise...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are familiar with the old WW points plan, and it worked, why don't you just follow the old plan? I decided the change was too much work to re-learn and I'm just continuing the old one. Of course, I just started back on Sunday, but so far so good.

    ReplyDelete