Friday, October 29, 2010

NSV: Smaller Pants!

It has been increasingly difficult to find pants to wear each morning because most of mine are too big!  This is not a problem, of course.  The problem is I cannot afford to buy a complete wardrobe in every size as I've mentioned before.  But I also don't want to feel like a frumpy mom all the time either.  Jeans that sag in the butt feel frumpy!  So I decided that I would just go buy a couple pairs of cheap pants at a discount store to get me through for bit. 

Currently, I have size 14s that are clearly too big and even a couple 12s that seem too big.  But I also have a pair of size 12 that fits (at least in the morning) and another pair of size 12 that feels too small.  I was kind of worried about trying on size 10s, though.  I thought about the damage to my psyche if I was to find out that my size 12s just run big.  I know that probably sounds dumb, but it's true.

Anyway, when I got to the store I decided to bite the bullet and head straight for the 10s.  And do you know what?  They fit!  I can wear a size 10 and they are comfortable.  I tried on several different styles just to make sure and yep, a size 10 it is!  I'll take that NSV (non-scale victory) any day!!

Riding that high, and just for kicks, I went ahead and tried on a size 8 before I left.  While I could get them on and buttoned, they were not comfy at all.  Oh well.  At least I know that when I reach my goal weight I'll definitely be in single digit sizes!!

I can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, I stumbled across your blog a few days ago and I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy it. I went back and read every single post you have written (yep, all of them)! I find your posts to be so open and honest and moving and refreshing - truly inspiring.

    Also...a BIG congrats on the size 10's (that is a wonderful feeling)!

    Denita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new size! That is always exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Denita, that's the best comment ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such awesome news!!!!!! I did a little dance in my closet, when I realized the new size 10 jeans I'd just bought...were actually size 8's. I grabbed the wrong size, and didn't even know it! I'd worn them 3 or 4 times before I knew they were 8's!!!

    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete