Thursday, October 7, 2010

Addicted to Food

Having never been addicted to drugs or alcohol, I feel completely qualified to compare such addictions to being addicted to food.  Relax, relax, I am not making light of substance abuse.  I have abusers in my family so I'm completely aware of its seriousness.  I also know that addiction is addiction.  Something you feel powerless over.

Addiction
–noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

I feel enslaved to food.  I am addicted to food.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that admitting to a problem is the first step, for me I find taking it one meal at a time really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking that first step is always the hardest. I admit that I'm addicted to food too. We'll both beat this together. You hang in there and I will too, okay? *HUGS* :)

    ReplyDelete