Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's not About Followers

Although followers make it nicer for sure!

I was telling someone about my decision to register a domain name for my blog and they were all, "Do you have like a thousand followers or something?"

Uh, no.  Not even close.

I welcome followers, I love followers, I want followers.  Spread the word, tell your friends.  Follow me!!  If companies want to sponsor giveaways so I can increase my followership, I'll be happy to host them.  :-)

But my main purpose of creating and keeping this blog is not about the followers.  It's about a commitment to getting fit and staying fit.  Forever.  I cannot go back to the obese person I was.  I just can't.  I'm scared of regaining the weight.  Heck, I'm even scared of never getting to my goal in the first place. This blog helps me stay motivated and keeps me accountable.  I believe it is helping me stay on track and keep my eyes on the destination ahead.  The weight loss is just the journey, but the destination is a healthy, happy life.  There are some people who think you can be fat and happy.  I am not one of those people.  I cannot go back.

Even if I only have one follower, or no followers, I want to keep this blog as a place for me.  I think it's fun to add gadgets to the page, and update my weight loss progress, and post pictures.  If for no one else, at least for me.  If I'm having an off day, I can at least visit myself.  It's motivating to see what I've already accomplished and helps me acknowledge the progress I have made.  It also gives me a creative outlet without having to know anything about web design or HTML.  :-) 

So although, I am using this blog as my journal, I am more than happy to share it with you.  Feel free to follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment