Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hmmm, what to do, what to do...

I've been sitting here for awhile, letting Google diagnose my knee/leg pain again.  Why do I do this to myself?  It's like I keep thinking I'll type in just the right thing and I'll have a solution to the problem.

I am considering that the reason for my all of a sudden OMG, my knee hurts like hell pain is from the Shred.  There are lots of squats and lunges in that DVD and perhaps my knee doesn't like it.  Because as far as my shin, it just feels like I ran a 10K in the wrong shoes again.

I admit that I have not done the Shred for a couple days while I rest my leg and try to heal.  This probably disqualifies me from Syl's challenge, but that's the way the cookie crumbled.  Bummer.  Running is more important to me and I cannot just ignore what hurts if it's going to keep me from the road!  But I kinda miss Jillian.

Tonight I came home and ate a bunch of pizza so all I can say is that tomorrow morning I'm headed out to run no matter what.  I'll give it my all and if I have to walk or limp or whatever, that's what I'll do.  I have to burn some calories.  I'm already nervous for what my Friday weigh in photo for Stephanie's challenge is going to bring!  Eeeek!

Oh well, I just thought I'd type a quick post for the blog.  I like this thing, it's a journal of sorts.

2 comments:

  1. I started doing the Shred just recently as well!!! After doing it Wednesday night, I realized I need to start treating the Shred like I do my running. After they got my shin splint issue solved, they also had me start running in leg compression sleeves. I haven't been wearing them during my Shred sessions, and duh! it hit me Wednesday night that all of those jumping jacks and butt kicks are putting the same stress on my legs that running would. I'm going to wear them Shredding tonight and see how much of a difference it makes.

    I hope you figure out your knee/shin pain problem soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you squat and lunge are you allowing your knee to extend past your toes? This is one thing that causes knee inturies. you have to stick your butt out major to avoid the knees going to far forward, but if you get used to it you can do all the exercises without injury. Just a thought! I am actually have knee problems from running...I think I shouldn't be running as much until I drop more weight =(

    ReplyDelete