Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yahoo!

Today is my official weight tracking day and I lost 4.2 pounds this week!  I have had two really great weeks in a row.  My total weight loss is now 43.2 pounds!

I have also changed my goal weight from 147 to 142.  Ultimately I want to stay in the 130s so I think it's better to set it closer to that range.

I pretty much stuck to my exercise plan last week with the exception of Saturday when I didn't get in the NMTZ workout.  Weekends are hard for me to exercise.  I should just get up in the morning and do it first thing, but for some reason the best intentions don't make it happen.  So I guess if I workout on the weekends, I workout.  If I don't, I don't.  5 days a week is a nice amount, I think.  A weekend workout will just have to be a bonus.  Besides, weekends will hopefully about family activities, the key word there being "active".

Last night I had the best run!  I decided to start the Gateway to 8K (GW28K) plan on Friday so yesterday was day 2 of that.  The first week is actually a step back from the last week of Couch to 5K (C25K).  On the last week of C25K, you run for 30 minutes, but you switch back to Intervals for GW28K, the first week is 4 intervals for 7 minutes each with a 1 minute walk in between.  Friday, I was glad it was a shorter workout, but I did increase my speed for the 2nd and 3rd intervals because after my first 5K it was clear that I need to increase my running speed.  Last night, I increased my speed on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th intervals, and my regular speed actually felt too slow.  I felt great!  I even ran longer on the last interval because I felt so good!  I ended up completed a 5K and shaving about 3 minutes off my previous time.  It is still amazing to me that I have come so far!

I didn't get my run in until almost 9:00 last night!  The only good thing about that is when I exercise late I feel like I can devote the necessary time and energy to my workout.  There's no dinner to be made, or work to get to, or child to entertain, it's just me making my body stronger.  I plan to do the NMTZ later tonight too.  As I've said before, while I prefer a morning workout to get it done and over with (not to mention only requiring one shower per day), I might just be a night exerciser for now.

I'm so glad I have this blog.  I'm not sure how many people read on a daily basis, but I sure like having a place to share my thoughts.  It's definitely turned into "All About Me Losing Weight" as that seems to be my main focus lately, obviously.  I have some other things to share though, I just have to get my thoughts together about them.  In the meantime, I'm just happy to share my weight loss success!  I am almost halfway to my goal!  I will share a progress picture soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment