Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weigh-in Check-in



So minus .6 pounds over the past two weeks, are you kidding me?!  What is the problem?  Let's reflect:

Staying within my points range?  Check.
Exercising at least 3x a week or more?  Check.
Drinking at least 8 cups a water a day? Check.
Eating lots of fruits and veggies?  Check.
Eating protein? Check.
Not eating a lot of useless carbs, only healthy carbs?  Check.

Getting frustrated?  Check.

WTH?  It's supposed to go faster than this.  And even though the dumb scale showed a 2 lb gain last week, the 2.6 lb loss this week generated the message of "you're losing too fast" when I logged my weight on Weight Watchers.  Get real.  Sometimes the WW online system is not very smart.

I suppose it's time to switch things up somehow, I just don't know how.  Perhaps I should not use any of my extra weekly points or activity points.  Or maybe I should use all of them and the activity points.  Maybe I'm just not eating enough.  Yeah, that has to be it.  Gimme a break!  Why isn't it easy?  I'm starting to want one of those Body Bugg things which will track calories in and calories out.  But I feel like I am already doing that by logging my exercise and logging my food.

Perhaps I should just quit whining and accept it?  A slow weight loss is better than no weight loss, right?  If only it were that easy. 

My goal is to reach my goal weight by 12/31/10.  Why?  Because I want 2010 to be about losing weight and changing my life.  2011 and beyond will then be about maintaining and living my life.  It will not be the end of the world if I don't make my goal, obviously, but I will be disappointed.  I can't remember if I posted about changing my goal weight to 142 from 147, but right now I have 51 lbs left to lose in 7.5 months (I'm 3.6 away from the halfway mark).  It's completely doable, completely.  BUT I would like to not only achieve my goal but EXCEED it by getting to goal earlier than 12/31.  Is that too much to ask? 

Oh, I'm just whining, I know.  But really, isn't that what I'm here for?

No comments:

Post a Comment