Friday, May 7, 2010

Decisions

Running outside really hurts. 

I went out there again this morning and again my resolve was floundering.  I can't get the rythm or something.  And my legs are just sore out there.  I'm not sure what to do.

I had a small spa day today.  My stepmom gave me a gift certificate for some spa treatments: massage, pedicure, detox foot bath, and foot zonology.

If you don't know what Foot Zonology is, I describe it as someone causing your feet immense pain while they tell you what problems your insides are having.  Like apparently my ovaries are out of hormonal balance.  My lungs are weak.  My lymphatic system is clogged.  My uterus is holding on to something emotional.  My heart is protecting itself from pain by blocking things.  And so on and so forth.  I have read about people who have FZ and come away feeling great!  I came away trying to decide if she was a quack and if I'd be able to walk tomorrow.  I'm still deciding.

It was my first massage and I am hooked!  I thought I would feel so exposed and vulnerable and just plain uncomfortable.  And I did feel a little exposed, but I also felt warm and cozy in the warm bed with the lovely quilt.  I felt pretty comfortable, though.  My only complaint about the experience was that the girl talked too much.  A little hard to get the full experience of relaxation while talking nonstop.  But we did talk about coffee and Starbucks which are two of my favorite subjects.

I have been struggling lately, and it's not just the running outside.  I have so much going on in my head that it's hard to put it together.  Really hard.  But I'm trying.  This is when I will have to decide if this is a tell all blog or not.  I'm still deciding.

Looking forward to Mother's Day weekend.  We're planning a hike.  I have come a long way from last Mother's Day when sleeping in and spending a lazy day was all I wanted to do.  I can't wait to spend some quality time with nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment