Wednesday, April 13, 2011

You're Stopping NOW!

This morning I had 3 miles on the schedule and 3.1 miles were completed!  While I was running I had one of those Corky moments where I was apparently flailing about and knocked the treadmill's safety "key" out of place.  Man, if that doesn't stop you in your tracks.  Like NOW!  I know that's a good thing when you need it, but when you detach it unexpectedly, it's kind of dangerous!  You're running, oh, now you're up on the console!  It's comical to look back on.

Out of curiosity, do any of you actually connect that key to yourself?  I know I don't so when I do need it, I will be out of luck.

Anyway, that's 3 for 3 days of getting up and getting my run on before work this week!  I feel awesome and my runs have been awesome!  I am a bit slower in the morning, but I'm okay with that.  Crossing the workout off the list first thing is the best thing ever!  Getting to work earlier feels great, too.

Yesterday I had one of those evenings where it drove home the point that mornings are usually consistent while evenings aren't.  My son fell on a metal stake at soccer practice and had to go in for stitches.  He's fine and was incredibly brave (so proud), but while we were sitting there at the clinic, I felt so thankful to have already worked out that day.  Had I been planning to run after work, my plans would have been completely derailed since we didn't get home until almost 9:00 p.m.  And after watching my boy get stitched up, I felt sorta drained and it would have been really hard to muster the energy to climb on the mill. So score (another) one for the morning workout.

Today my knee feels a bit sore so I'm looking forward to a low impact yoga routine tomorrow and taking a day off running.  I'm still deciding which yoga video to use and will preview some other options tonight.  Here's to another successful early wake-up!  I have been putting my alarm (which is on my iPhone) on the dresser which means I have to get up to turn it off.  Then I won't crawl back under the covers, but I give myself about 5 minutes to sit on the bed and read blogs or email before I put my running clothes on.  This plan seems to be working for me.  Yay!

How's your week going?

5 comments:

  1. That's the one reason I started running in the morning over a year ago. It's the only time when I'm pretty much guaranteed to not get sidelined by "life." And.....going home and being lazy, guilt free, because I know I did my stuff that morning...it's priceless!!!

    Three days in a row...way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for getting those morning runs finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 for 3. Woo hoo! Morning workouts definitely work best for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just back from vacation and trying to play catch-up on my favorite blogs! Slow but sure. Sorry to hear about your son but so glad he wasn't more seriously hurt. Missed your blog while I was away, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so feel you on the sore knees and joints. I haven't been running at all :/
    happy week now!
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete