Friday, April 22, 2011

Easy Canvas Prints

A few years ago, in July 2006, our family vacationed with friends for a week on the Oregon coast.  It was a beautiful, relaxing week.  During this time I was at the height of my scrapbooking obsession and not only did I visit two scrapbook stores while we were there, but I made sure to get lots of "perfect" family and beach photos for the scrapbook.

My most favorite photo from that week is one of my husband and son.  It is completely set-up and posed, but it depicts both the beauty of the ocean and the relationship between my guys.  This photo can be found in our house in three different places, that's how much I love it!


Here is the photo:


When Megan from Easy Canvas Prints contacted me to ask if I'd be interested in turning a favorite photo into a custom canvas, I jumped at the opportunity because I knew just the one to use.  And when they say "easy", they mean it.  I simply uploaded the photo to their website, clicked through a few options, and within a week the canvas was delivered.  And I love the way it turned out.  Here is my new canvas:


I chose the 16X20 canvas. I also decided to go with sepia tones instead of the original color photo because that will look best in our family room. I also think it gives it a timeless look.  I chose the 1.5" Gallery Wrap which I think gives it a more professional look.  I am very much impressed with the quality of my item.

 

Instead of wrapping the photo, which actually shrinks the amount of the image shown on the face of the canvas, I used the mirror image.  On this photo you can see the clouds on the top edge are the mirror image of those on the photo itself.  I love that effect!


I set the canvas on the window sill to show that it truly is just a canvas wrapped around a frame.  It is very light so will not require any major hardware to hang it on the wall which I like. 


If you're looking for a place where you can easily turn your favorite photos into beautiful canvas prints, I would recommend checking out Easy Canvas Prints. Their website is very easy to use, the presentation and packaging of their product is fabulous, and their pricing is very competitive.  What's more, Easy Canvas Prints is a Build A Sign company and both are linked in my sidebar.

Disclaimer: I was provided this canvas for free; the review is my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment