Monday, April 11, 2011

This Week's "Training" Plan

First things first, I gained 2 pounds this week.  I know why so I'm not upset with anything except myself, but I'm moving onward and hopefully downward this week.

I am trying something new this week.  I am planning on 4 runs, but over the course of 5 days instead of 6 which means I'll be running three days in a row.  I prefer this plan because I really don't like having a run on the weekend schedule as sometimes it falls by the wayside with other things going on, or just plain weekend sloth-i-tude.  So my planned workout schedule for the week looks like this:

Monday: Run 4 miles, stretching and abs (check!)
Tuesday: Run 2 miles (fast), light strength exercises, yoga for around 20-30 minutes
Wednesday: Run 3 miles, stretching and abs
Thursday: Long yoga routine
Friday: Run 5 miles, stretching and abs

With this plan, I'll be running 14 miles and getting in some strength and core work.  The added stretching from yoga will also be beneficial.  I haven't actually found the long yoga routine that I'll be doing on Thursday, but hopefully Exercise TV will have something to offer.  I'm leaning towards the Body by Bethenny video that's just over 50 minutes in length.  I previewed it the other day and read the reviews on Amazon which are mostly positive.  I figure since it's free to watch, I might as well give it a shot. 

The other part of my plan is to get up and workout/run before work on work days (Monday through Thursday).  Of course this is still one of my goals in progress, and I'm still determined to make it work, now more than ever.  This week starts our sports season of craziness where we have sports games or practice 6 days a week, with only Friday nights free.  Luckily soccer is only until May 7th when we'll cut back to just baseball until June 1st.  It will be increasingly difficult to get in a workout in the evenings for the next few months.  What better time to focus 110% of my efforts to getting it done before work, right?  This morning I got it done and I feel great!  I keep repeating, "Remember this feeling, remember this feeling."

The other thing that's going to be harder over the next couple of months is eating well balanced meals.  With all the coming and going it will test my battle of wills over whether to eat something easy or eat something healthy.  Yes, these can be the same thing, but you know what I mean.  I'm up for the challenge for myself and for my son who will want to eat some kind of fast food way too often on our way home in the evenings.  But no!  We must think about our health, our fitness, and our overall well being and choose the healthy options.  We'll also plan ahead by packing (healthy) snacks.

So I'm back to day 1 of my 100 days challenge.  Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great plan for the week. Good luck on the morning runs - I've never been much for exercise first thing in the morning! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to move my running to the morning,but my motivation just isn't kicking that early most day.

    ReplyDelete