Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tomorrow is a New Day

I need to just say that I am stressed.  I don't really want to get into why, but sometimes it's just hard to get through stuff.  Life and all that comes with it sometimes seems overwhelming, you know?  I hate to wish time away, but when they say "this too shall pass", I really hope they mean quickly!

So I have been fairly successful in avoiding the scale like I planned.  In the past couple weeks I have only been on the scale for my scheduled Tuesday weigh-ins.  I thought I was becoming obsessed with the scale.  I decided to take a break so I wouldn't focus as much on the daily numbers which were always going up and down, sometimes 2-3 pounds.  But I am now realizing that the obsession with the numbers was actually not an unhealthy obsession.  It helped me stay focused on my weight, but kind of in a good way.  Like if it I was up in the morning, I might have felt a little upset about it, but it was also a reminder of what I needed to do.  If I was down, then I started the day off with a great feeling of accomplishment which helped me stay motivated.  I've really missed that daily check-in, and I can't wait to "check in" tomorrow morning.  I'm glad I experimented this way because now I know it's not an unhealthy obsession, or even an obsession, it's just something I do, weigh everyday.

Today was a strange day.  Lots of stress and changes in my normal schedule and when all was said and done, I didn't fit in my daily run.  Now I am preparing to both run and Shred tomorrow morning.  That means I need to get to bed, it's 9:24!

I do want to share one piece of a good news and that is I finally got a new computer!!  I bought it with money I don't have at a completely wrong time for our budget, but I need it.  I am trying not to feel too guilty about it and just enjoy it.  And it really is great!  I cannot wait to get all my data transferred over to this machine.  Once that is done I plan to celebrate by taking my computer to Starbucks and spending time surfing and blogging and doing whatever else I haven't been able to do with that other POS!  Yay, for a computer that works! 

5 comments:

  1. A new computer, how very exciting!!!!!!!

    I used to weigh myself daily....then stopped doing it for the same reason. But you're right, I was obsessed, I was just checking in...taking stock.

    Although, I don't miss seeing those 2-3 pounds gains...in one day. Frustrating is an understatement. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new computer! Hope you pass through your stressful times quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, I too felt obsessed with the scale but I finally realized what a motivator daily weigh-ins were for me. If the numbers went up - I was more determined to work harder at getting it to move in the opposite direction. If the numbers went down - I was one happy gal and knew that I needed to continue doing whatever I was doing to keep it moving in that direction. I guess we all have to find what works for us and go with it.
    Congrats on the new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome on the computer! I hope you start feeling better soon. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need a new computer. I spend so much time waiting for it to move. So frustrating!!

    Keep focused!!

    ReplyDelete