Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lazy Saturday

It is snowing, snowing, snowing here in the Pacific Northwest!  I don't know how many inches we have, but it's a lot.  Perhaps I should turn on the news and find out, it looks like almost 2 feet of accumulation to me.  I can't believe a week ago I was running outside, seems surreal, kinda.

We are going to venture out into the snow a bit later today.  I'm dragging my husband to see "Love and other Drugs" and then we need a few essentials from the grocery store.  I'll need to have extra hands to carry since we won't be pushing any carts out to the car today.  My son is at his grandparents so we'll take advantage of being "kid free" for a few hours, otherwise I wouldn't want to go anywhere near the white stuff.  I am so not a winter person.  I'll admit, it's beautiful outside right now, so fluffy and white, but it really makes driving the pits, especially with my long commute.  Oh well, no work until Monday so I'll worry about it then.

Our Thanksgiving was great.  We spent the day with family since our travel plans were cancelled and it was very relaxing.  I successfully said no to the cheesecake and yes to the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cooked carrots, broccoli, green bean casserole, a roll with butter, olives, and pasta.  I will say I had decent sized portions (mainly because the size of the plate was limiting), but I also had seconds of a few items.  And I'm okay with all of it.  Like many have said the past few days, it's just a meal and I'm right back on track.

Somehow I forgot to weigh on Thanksgiving, and for the sake of self preservation, I didn't weigh the day after or even today.  I can tell the sodium consumption is effecting me just by how my rings are fitting; I don't need the blatant reminder from the scale.

Today I have a four mile run planned.  However, I am tired and somewhat groggy.  I have been battling sinus issues for a couple days complete with an icky headache.  I can't seem to get my butt off the couch and down to the treadmill.  It will be okay if I put it off until tomorrow, but I'll give it a bit longer before I decide--that's the beauty of weekends.  I can really capitalize on my laziness!

5 comments:

  1. hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Sounds like you all really got hammered with the snow. Usually by now here in Indiana we are covered in lake-effect snow; not yet, but I feel it coming......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- sounds like you are getting a lot of snow. I am not quite ready for that, but I know it's coming! Sounds like you did great on Thanksgiving- way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO jealous of your snow! (We get snow maybe once every three years or so). How was the movie? I want to see that one too. I love Jake Gyllenhal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We saw our first snow in Toronto today, too. I'm happy to see it...but scared of what it will mean for outdoor runs! Let us know what you thought of the movie. It's on my 'maybe' list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just one meal...and you're back on track. I think that's a great way to look at it!!! Losing weight is awesome, but working hard so you can enjoy one meal out of the ordinary now and again is life!!!!!

    ReplyDelete