Friday, November 12, 2010

Out in the Cold

Cold weather running...I'm not a huge fan.  BUT, today's run was so awesome!!  Here are the stats from Nike+.  I have no idea what the first dip was all about, but the second was when I had to stop and tie my shoe. 



I set out to complete a 10K and I did it!  Check out my newest Bondi Band for just such an occasion.


I planned a water stop at home around halfway and I also needed to potty (during which I paused my Nike+), and I am pleased with my time on this run.  This week I have been taking my time, listening to my body, and I'm finding that a pace of 11:15 - 11:30 feels best right now.   I am fine with that.  And do you wanna know the best part?  My leg DOESN'T hurt anymore!!!  I am so relieved, I can't even tell you how relieved.  The purple shoes + my OTC orthotics =  pain free running!  Woohoo!

So back to the cold weather running...another shout out for the Bondi Band.  It works perfect for keeping your  ears warm out there.


In addition, today I wore my new neck gaitor which was a run-saver.  I actually picked it up while on my potty break because my neck and face were so cold.  So I set out like this.


However once I got warmed up, I didn't need it so much on face and I lowered it.  But occasionally I brought it back up to warm up my lips and nose again.  An awesome, awesome invention. 

And finally, the other key to this successful run was my gloves.  My husband picked up these babies at Costco and they are terrific.


That shiny grid pattern is extra texture for gripping.  It will come in handy if someone happens to toss me a football as I run by.

I've been on a high all day (even during my long afternoon nap, lol).  I am so thrilled about following up yesterday's 5 mile run on the treadmill with a successful 10K run outside today.  I could not feel more proud of myself.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! You should definitely be proud of yourself. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration, Lori. I must head out for my first cold weather run this weekend and I am totally dreading it. I need some warmer gear. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my Bondi Bands. They keep my hair and sweat from me eyes, but also work to keep my ears warm! :-)

    Congrats on the 5K time!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete