Tuesday, May 17, 2011

On Track

Yesterday I had a terrific day on plan.  I also logged training Run #1 for Week #2.  That was one awesome run too.  It was only 35 minutes and I felt like I could keep going and going, but I'm sticking to my plan.

Yesterday I weighed 159.8, today I weigh 156.6.  See what I said about the salt?

I'm still up in the air about joining WW meetings.  Given our change in finances, I really feel like I should not put out any money that's not absolutely necessary.  I'm still paying for my online membership and I'm working my hardest to get back on track and stay there until goal.

Thank you for the kind words regarding my husband's employment situation.  It truly is the hardest thing we've ever faced.  And there is no end in sight.  Unemployment is high in our state, especially in our city.  While he has applied for a few jobs in western Washington, it would have to be a pretty fabulous opportunity before I would consider relocating.  It would also depend on whether I could transfer to our other office or not.  Basically, I have absolutely no desire to relocate, especially for a job.  I would be so worried about making a huge change and then falling victim to the economy again.  I can't imagine it.  It's hard enough facing this while we're surrounded by family and friends.  Anyway, I don't know what we're going to do.  It's time to negotiate with the credit card companies, that's for sure. 

I have heard of two situations lately where people I knew "weren't looking" for jobs and a great opportunity just "feel in their lap"!  (These people or opportunities are not in our town.)  My husband has been looking for work for 20 months and clearly doesn't have the right contacts or experience because nothing is falling on him at all.  I get wrapped up in the thoughts of "it's not fair".  And it isn't, but neither is life, so I just need to suck it up!  It could be worse, a lot worse.  I do count the blessings we have and try not to fret, but fretting is in my nature.  One day at a time, 609 days later.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good day. Hope something sparks for your husband soon :)

    ReplyDelete