Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tomorrow is Day One

Tomorrow starts my official training for my first ever half marathon which is on Sunday, July 17.  (I start out with a rest day, awesome!)  I looked at several training plans online and adapted a couple of them into my own plan to work with my schedule.   This training schedule is 10 weeks long, and I will run on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.  I will complete a yoga workout on Tuesdays and Fridays (or possibly some other DVD workout).  I will have one rest day per week.

During my regular runs I run for distance, but during my training run I will run for time.  This makes me a little nervous, but I think I can adapt.  I'm both nervous and excited to start my training.

Feel free to view my training schedule here.  You'll notice I don't have any set speed workouts on the schedule, but I do plan to add in tempo runs and interval workouts a bit.  I just don't know when.  I do have a time goal for this 1/2 marathon (2.5 hours), but mainly I just want to finish strong.  I want to feel great during my training, great during the race, AND great during the days that follow the race.  Right now, I don't feel a huge need for speed.  11 minute miles for 13.1 miles will be fine.  Just fine.

Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. The schedule looks great!

    That's my goal for tonight...the house is clean, the laundry is mostly done....so tonight is training plan night. :-)

    ReplyDelete