Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Runner's Survey

I stole this survey idea from Jess over at Run with Jess.  Check her out if you haven't already.

What is your favorite type of cross training?
Walking or recumbent bike.  Sadly I do neither of each on a regular basis.

What is your favorite song to run to?
No favorite song right now, but I'm loving the new Adele album, and most anything from Lady Gaga keeps me going.  I have tried running without music and I just prefer my tunes!

What brand of shoes do you wear?
Adidas Supernova Sequence 3

Do you wear a hat when you run?
I have worn a hat only twice, but I know I will wear it if it's raining.

What temperature is your favorite for running?
Probably around 58-60 degress and sunny.

Do you have any big races coming up?
This Sunday I have a 5K and my first half marathon is July 17th, followed by an 8K on July 23rd.

What is your favorite distance?
For regular everday running: 5 miles.  For races: 10K.

Are you a morning, noon or evening runner?
I would prefer noon, but that's usually doesn't work out so my second choice is morning.

Do you run solo or with a buddy?
I have run with my best friend a handful of times because we don't live close, otherwise I run solo.  I prefer it that way, unless my bf and I live close someday-then I'd love to run regularly with her.

What's your favorite post run snack?
English muffin with peanut butter and banana, or Chobani!

What's your FAVORITE race?
Bloomsday has been my favorite so far.  It's such a tradition for our city and my family that I am proud to be a Bloomie!

Do you wear a Garmin?  If not, how do you track your runs? 
Yes, Garmin 405.  I love love love it!  I don't know how I ever lived without it.  I used Nike+ for tracking for the first year, but now that I have a Garmin, I'm hooked.

What is your least favorite race?
I will say my 10K on 10/10/10.  It was cold and dreary that day and they ran out of water!!  I had to switch off my regular running shoes to another sub-par pair and my knee was having issues.  To top all that off, the cotton t-shirt was seriously ugly!  For my big race of the year, it was a disappointing, but my feeling of accomplishment far outweighed any of that.

What race is your favorite medal from?
Sadly, although I have done 6 races, I have no medals.  In these parts, you really only get medals for a half marathon.  I did find a 10K which I'll run in September which gives medals, so with luck on my side, I'll get two medals this year.

Who is your running idol?
I guess I'd say Kara Goucher, but to be honest I don't really know any famous runners or follow them.  My biggest idols are actually the everyday people who go from couch to runner, especially if they shed pounds along the way.

How long have you been a runner?
I became a runner in 2010.

Do you run with your engagement/wedding ring on?
I do, but I need to stop that!  It's safer to run without and safety matters!  I need to ditch the ring and grab some pepper spray!

What's your favorite workout? repeats? long runs? tempo? fartleks?
Long runs.  Nothing makes me feel more accomplished and proud of myself than a good, long run.  Plus, I am not built for speed so I like taking it slow and easy.

So the real point of this survey is this: I'll be out running alone, about 2.5 miles from my house, in the early morning, hatless (unless it's raining), wearing Adidas and my diamond ring, not carrying pepper spray, and listening to music (i.e., I won't hear anyone approaching).  If you plan to attack me, please bring my favorite post-run snack (above), and could you make sure to pause my Garmin? :-) 

2 comments:

  1. "...could you make sure to pause my Garmin?" LOL

    Thanks for the running (and blogging) inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great survey, I learned so much about you. Great post!

    ReplyDelete