Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wearing White

If you've ever been a heavy woman with heavy woman-sized breasts, you know what it feels like to have a built in drip tray.  I'd like to say it was convenient, however, it was annoying and embarrassing.  Not being able to properly lean over your plate when eating is horrible, and grease spots from an errant piece of food hitting your shirt is a serious problem.

When I was heavier I most certainly did not ever wear light colors and never ever white.  A grease mark on a dark shirt would be bad, but a big colored food or drink stain on a white shirt would be terrible.  Talk about embarrassing!  No heavy woman wants to walk around with evidence of their lunch front and center on their shirt!   If you've been there, you know what I'm talking about.

As I've lost weight, I'm slowly bringing color back in my life.  Navy blue and black still have their place, but pink and yellow have also found a home in my closet.  Colors make me happy!  Awhile ago I even added some white shirts (horror!), but I have been too nervous to actually wear them.  Well, today the sun is shining, I feel wonderful, and I'm finally wearing white!  It's a fabulous day!

Cell phone pic - pardon the quality

10 comments:

  1. White is a great color on you - you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be wearing white it looks awesome on you. Ecspecially with your dark hair. Enjoy all the different colors you are going to be wearing this summer. YAHOO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, I know the drip tray all too well. I was very sad that so many otherwise good clothes that I outgrew had to be trashed instead of donated because I had food stains all over them. I've been reintroducing brights to my closets, too - such a great feeling. You look so bright and cheerful! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand about the drip tray!

    That top is adorable, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing!

    I have always had that problem. Of course, I'm a super clutz too and that makes it worse. I can't keep a light colored shirt clean to save my life.

    Your white top is very cute, btw! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great pic of you! That should go in your banner. :-)

    ReplyDelete