Tuesday, September 14, 2010

4 Week Challenge

Hello everyone, today is the beginning of my personal 4 week challenge!!  The rules of the challenge are simple:

1. Stick to plan EVERYDAY
2. Run 3-4 times a week
3. Strength train 2-3 times a week with weights, Pilates, or similar
4. Go to bed no later than 11:00 during the week
5. Get to Leave for work by 7:30 everyday

I'm starting this challenge because I need a kick in the rear!  I have been following plan lately in a very loosey goosey way, and the past week has been...not good.  I haven't been weighing and measuring food or faithfully tracking points.  I have continued running, but I have felt pretty blah in terms of my eating habits.

It's just under 4 weeks until my October event.  When I started running in February, I signed up for the run thinking it would be a great way to finish out the season and would give me a goal to work towards--a formal timed running event.  This event was supposed to be my ONLY event this year.  Well, I have since completed two 5Ks, one 8K, and one 4 mile event!!!  But the October event will still be the crème de la crème event of my running season.  My goal is to have lost 75 lbs by this date--10/10/10.  I also have a goal of finishing in less than 70 minutes which is a pace of 11.29/mile.  I'd be stoked with anything under that, but I'll be okay with anything over that as long as I run the entire way.  I KNOW I can do it.

Finally, as part of my 4 week challenge, I plan to check in here a lot more to post my progress with weight loss, sticking to my points, and keeping up with weight training.  I need more accountability and this blog is going to help.  The focus of this place is going to be about losing pounds and gaining speed!!  Let's get started!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your goals! And AWESOME job on the running.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I look forward to reading more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete