Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Twenty-Six Servings for One

Anyone familiar with these things?


On my way to the lake on Monday I had to make an unscheduled stop at Costco--definitely not a place to go when you're hungry.  Beings that it was right after work and lunch had been hours ago, I was hungry!  So against my better judgement, and I mean I really thought about whether I should buy them or just walk away, I bought the chips.  Then I proceeded to open the bag in the car, after all, I was hungry and had a 50 minute drive ahead.

Since Monday I have eaten lots of the chips.  This morning when I picked up the bag to pack up I realized there was very little left.  Out of curiosity I decided to check the number of servings in the bag, expecting it to be 12-15.  Um, no.  28!!!  And I kid you not there are probably only 2 servings left.   That means, I have managed to consume 26 servings of pita chips since Monday!

Let me break this down for you.  One serving of the chips is 4 PointsPlus.  Twenty-Six servings is 92 PointsPlus when eaten together, 104 PointsPlus otherwise.  That is seriously whack!  And I have no one to blame but me.

3 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens! At least the buggers are gone now. Face forward and march!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and they look like such a better choice then regular chips. that sucks but i have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I hate that! I feel that way about nuts. They seem healthy, so why do they have so many calories and such a small serving??

    ReplyDelete