Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Buh-Bye July, Welcome August!!

I don't really want to rewind July because other than my half marathon (which was freaking awesome), the rest of the month in terms of my goals was not stellar.  And the scale shows it:

Starting weight: 236.8
Last week's weight: 161.0
Current weight: 162.6
Gain/loss: +1.6
Total gain/loss: -74.2
Pounds to goal (136.8): 25.8
Pounds to mini goal (149): 13.6

(In my defense, the scale showed 160 this morning so that's 2.6 down from yesterday!  I'm sure it was the salt on Sunday again.  Too much salt = my enemy.)

Briefly, in July I ran 54.43 miles and gained 3 pounds.

But August is here and I have some goals.  First of all, August is my month!!  My birthday is in August and, therefore, I love August!  So it seems fitting that I set some big goals for August.  Setting goals, achieving goals, that's what I'm doing here.  Dur.

So I declare that in August, I want to lost 10 pounds from my August 1st weight.  August first I weighed 162.6 and today I weigh 160 so that means I'm already 2.6 pounds to my 10 pound goal.  I don't think a goal of 10 pounds for the month is too lofty at all!

My next goal for August is to run 70 miles.  That is also not too lofty in that I ran over 70 miles in June.  I actually have all my runs planned out for the month and I am really excited about it.  I am going back to a Mon-Wed-Fri-Sat running schedule with long runs on Friday.  I still have two 10K races on my schedule along with that little treadmill run on 11/11/11.  I want to keep running long runs to stay strong.  I might throw a tempo or interval run in there sometimes too.

So I think these goals are realistic, and I am excited about this month.  So let's get this party started.

No comments:

Post a Comment