Sunday, March 21, 2010

What I'm Reading

My absolute favorite kind of story is a romance.  My favorite kind of romance is the kind where two people meet when they are kids, probably younger than 10.  It's always a bonus when the boy is from the wrong side of the tracks and the girl is from the wealthy family in town.  As they grow up and fall in love, something happens and they are torn a part.  Then, years later, they are reunited and live happily ever after.  Cue the music now.

Well, I am reading just such a book right now.  It is called The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred.  It is very enjoyable so far and I highly recommend it.  I see the sappy, unbelievable parts are on the horizon, but oh what fun it is.

Update: 4/1/10 This book fizzled in the end.  I gave it 4 stars in the beginning and maybe 1 by the last page.  Disappointing.

2 comments:

  1. Read Nora Roberts - Carolina Moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read that, I really liked it. I am now moving on to Public Secrets by Nora Roberts. It sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete