Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm Here to Say I Surived Another Day

Of working out, that is!

After my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad workout on Wednesday morning, I was a little bit anxious about the next one. The icky cold and sickness I developed this week wasn't helping calm me either. But I decided no matter how bad I felt, I was getting back on that treadmill at my normal scheduled time which happened to be Friday morning.

And when I say morning, I mean almost afternoon, because my chest cold kept me in bed until nearly noon!

But I got up, fought through the coughing and sore throat and made my way to the basement for some exercise. And you know what? I am so glad I did!

Friday was so much better than Wednesday. First, I am resolved to stick with the program, even if it means decreasing my running speed. Second, I reminded myself that I no matter how hard it is I still weigh over 200 pounds. 'Nuff said. So on went the iPod, on went the iPhone app and treadmill, and off I went.

I did end up decreasing my running speed by .2, but I kept up the incline and walking speed, and I got my smile back. If it's a good workout, I can't help but smile during the last minute of the final run. It's the feeling of accomplishment that running brings me. And today I was definitely smiling. I am so proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment