Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Almost Died this Morning!

At least I felt like it during my run! Good gracious! I kept wondering what my face would look like if I collapsed on the treadmill. I wonder if I'd lose a lot or a little skin...

Today was Week 4, Day 2 of the Couch to 5k program. I went into today ready for fun. Day 1 of this week was not easy but I did it so shouldn't day 2, a repeat of day 1, be easier? Sadly it was not. Like the opposite of easier. It was like a thousand times harder and my worst workout yet. OMG! But I finished it and I am determined to keep going.

Someone mentioned to me that it could be a mental thing. That by looking at the schedule and knowing that I have to run twice for 5 minutes and twice for 3 minutes making it a total of 16 minutes of running, or 15.89 more minutes than I could run just a few weeks ago, might be hard to grasp phsychologically and therefore physically. I don't know about that. I mean it felt like I was grasping, this morning. Oh wait, that was gasping.

At least I can look back on it now with fondness and awe. I completed the work out, I didn't quit, and best of all I didn't DIE. And like I said, I refuse to give up so come Friday morning I'll be running my butt off, hopefully literally (and hopefully not running my face off, if you know what I mean).

No comments:

Post a Comment