Monday, January 16, 2012

Terribly Sad

So many of us are saddened to hear of the missing Montana teacher Sherry Arnold who is now presumed dead.  Such a tragedy!  Those of us who are solo morning runners are no doubt freaked out.

When I was in my early twenties, I used to run alone outside in the mornings, and I never thought about safety even a little bit.  Course that running stint didn't last long so it wasn't a big deal.  As I'm older now and have a child to think about, I admit to being a little bit more cautious when it comes to running alone in the mornings.  I usually always run in the neighborhood so that even if I'm alone, I'm not out in a completely uninhabited area. But I admit that I can probably exercise more safety precautions.  (Lately I've been really safe in the mornings...all snug and warm in my bed!!) 

This tragedy is a reminder for all of us.  Running alone in the morning or late at night is not the safest thing in the world so please be careful.

PS. I need a running partner!!

2 comments:

  1. I NEED A RUNNING PARTNER TOO!! Why are they so hard to find?? Too bad we don't live by each other, I'd run with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of us are in the same running partner boat! Frustrating.

    When my friend and I first started running a couple of years ago we realized what idiots we were for not carrying our cell phones on us! Since she doesn't run anymore, I mostly stick to the treadmill. I'm a bit of a chicken.

    ReplyDelete