Friday, May 21, 2010

I Did It!

Today I completed my first 5k OUTSIDE!  I decided that I was just going to do it, no matter how hard it was and now matter how long it took.  I ended up completing 3.33 miles in 43:34.  This is not a fast pace, but it is not the slowest on record either.  It is a pace of 13:04/mile.  I have exceeded my 12 minute/mile pace on the treadmill so now it is time to get to that pace outside.  My speed outside is not as constant as on the treadmill, but it will happen.  I just have to keep at it, and I will!

The bad news is that I went back to wearing my Nikes, the devil shoes. I wanted to try them again, give them another chance.  I ran in them Saturday, Monday and Wednesday.  During each run I could feel the pain in my leg and I tried to change my gait several different ways, but by Wednesday night the pain was a constant, even after my run.  And it's still here.  So today it was back to my Adidas, and while they didn't make the pain worse, I still hate them.   They are just plain ugly.  Luckily I have the pouch for my Nike+ sensor and can still log my runs, but the pouch adds to the dorkiness of the shoes. 

So to continue the shoe saga, I ordered new Nikes last night.  I went to Lady Foot Locker and tried on pillow shoes.  That's what they feel like.  As an "underpronator" or supinator as I am called, I need a neutral cushioning shoe.  The devil shoes are neutral cushioning, but apparently not cushioning enough.  I hope these new ones do the trick.  I hope there is no pain in my leg when I use them and that they help me fly, or at least not limp along.  I didn't buy them from the store because they only had them in white/light blue.  I ordered the gray/purple ones from Nike.com.  I am crossing my fingers and toes that these shoes will be awesome!  They sure look awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment