Monday, April 30, 2012

Weird Morning

Last night I went to bed with a plan of waking up early and getting on the treadmill.  There's nothing really unusual with that, except that I actually set my alarm to do it.

Long about 3:50 a.m., my body decided to be done sleeping.  But I was not getting up!  I read in bed for the next hour, all the while discussing the forthcoming workout with myself.  It started with thinking I would not do it because I woke up too early and felt too tired.  Then I started thinking about the whole running thing anyway and how maybe I don't even like it.  Maybe I should become a walker.  Maybe I should take up something else like Zumba!  And if I did get up, what would I do?  Would I try to run for a certain number of minutes, a certain distance?  Could I actually make myself get on the treadmill or should I go outside? And so on it went.

Finally about 5:10, I made up my mind: I was going to get up, bundle up, and take a walk outside.  It's a place to start and the fresh air would be good.  Unfortunately, when I was about half dressed, I realized I could hear the rain it was pouring so hard!  Um, there once was a day that wouldn't have stopped me, but today wasn't one of those days.  I whipped off my pants prepared to crawl back into bed.  BUT instead, on the way, I grabbed the shorts I planned to wear on the treadmill this morning and got dressed.  I prepared to take on the dreadmill.

Ta da!  Go me!

I went back to the basics.  I completed Week One, Day One of the Couch to 5K program.  It wasn't difficult, it got my heart pumping, and raised my confidence a bit.  I can still move! The whole workout lasted only a half an hour and I didn't sweat much, but it felt really good.

I have my menu planned out today and hope the kickstart of the morning workout will help keep me focused and "on plan."  As for my 4 day challenge of last week, I only made it three days.  :(  BUT I start this week weighing less than last and all forward motion counts!

The only trouble is that it's now only 8:35, I've barely been at work any time at all and I'm SOOOO tired!  I should be able to get to bed early tonight, though.

At this moment, I sort of have a workout plan for the week, but I sort of don't feel committed to anything either.  Day by day is the best plan.

As for this blog, I forced myself to write today.  I'm just not feeling it.  Perhaps I'm done with this whole thing, I don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment