Thursday, September 15, 2011

Where is this blog going?

I think this blog may have run its course and I am having one of those "where do I go from here?" moments with it.  I don't feel like I'm ready to go, exactly, but I definitely feel like I haven't had much to contribute to this awesome community lately.

I continue to gain weight.  It was lose, gain, lose, gain, lose, but now I'm just on a gain, gain cycle.  At least for the past couple of weeks anyway.

I should probably recap August.  My goals were to lose 10 pounds and run 70 miles.  I actually did pretty well.  I lost 4 pounds and I ran 67.45 miles, and I honestly feel like that was a success.

But as of today, 9/15, I am 7 pounds heavier than I was on 8/31.  I'm truly not obsessed with the number, but I have the weight history at my fingertips thanks to my handy iPhone.  I don't sit and stare at the numbers all the time, or anything.  But just know that these days I am thinking of the numbers constantly.  CONSTANTLY.  On my way to the fridge and back, especially.

Tomorrow I'm doing something I thought I would never do again in this life time.  I'm going to a Weight Watchers meeting.  A real, live meeting with the old bitties themselves.  I actually bought the WW monthly pass as they are running a special where instead of the regular $39.95 monthly fee, you can pay $43.25 for two months.  Two months is what I'm going to give it.  I already pay $16.95 a month for the online membership so this isn't too much more, and it will give me the opportunity to connect with others in real life.  I'm trying to have a positive attitude about that and hope for the best.

In related news, I rejoined the YMCA last week.  That is a really good thing and I'm excited about it.  I'm excited to try some different classes and use some of the different cardio machines besides the treadmill.  I like the elliptical a lot so far.  I'm happy to report that I've even been going before work!

I'm taking these steps to freshen things up and make some changes.  I need to do something to get back the fire and motivation that I had before.  I'm not sure what that will mean for my blog.  I'm not ready to say good bye because I'm not done yet.  But right now, I'm the last weight loss blogger you want to hear from.

6 comments:

  1. You Shameless Hussy, how dare you gain weight!!!

    Oh wait. That's my subconscious speaking, not yours. Were I to speak for your subconscious, I'd probably say something like "You've been doing so well! Keep going!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong, you can do it! Maybe finding a few new races to plan for will help you feel motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been struggling with my choices lately too, and blogging about weight loss when there hasn't been any weight lost hasn't been easy. I got the best feedback from a reader today, though: weight loss is not linear. And suddenly, it all made sense.

    I'm trying to mix things up lately too - it's helped bring my motivation back, now I'm pushing on towards the results I want to get back to seeing. Hope your changes help you feel better about your journey. Even if you decide to take time off from blogging, we'll be here cheering you on when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a great inspiration Lori. With as much as you've accomplished, four pounds in August was an accomplishment. Don't get too down over this month's gain - it's never straight down. I like that you're going back to some basics. You might want to go re-read some posts from when it was going well, too. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my fingers crossed you find a great meeting! Club ww leaders can make or break it.

    Remember to use some (or all) of your earned activity points to fuel your runs. It took me awhile to figure that out. If I earn 10 or more points running for an hour or longer, I spend 2 points on peanut butter to fuel before the run, 3 on an energy gel during the run and about 7 for protein and food after.

    Adapting the points system to a runner's lifestyle takes some thought and planning, but it works well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been contemplating signing up and going to a few meetings as well. I did really well last time, but stopped after a while....they were starting to repeat themselves. :-)

    ReplyDelete