Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Entering week 8 of the ol' training schedule.

Long runs are boring for me, they just are.  And don't get me started on the pain of them.  I'm pretty sure that I will never if I ever decide to do this half marathon business again, I'm finding a running group or at least another glutton for punishment running partner. 

This week's scheduled long run is 12 miles.  I have been adding one mile per week to the long run over the past 7 weeks.  I mean, my training schedule has been adding a mile.  I, on the other hand, have been staying fairly steady at 5 to 6.5 or even zero miles on the long run.  Say wha?  Yes, you read that right.

I told you my training has been craptastic.  Oh well, I shall still do the half and I know I will finish.  I may not make my goal of 2:30, but I'll cross the finish line with a smile and know that I've accomplished something great!  I cannot wait to get it over with until it's here!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I not a fan of running by myself. Like you I get bored and the miles feel tough. When I run with my running partner I feel like I could run forever. We are talking so much that time and miles fly by. If I was you, I would defintely look for a running partner or a group. I think you would enjoy it more. Stay positive. It will be over soon. Since my 20k I have not signed up for anymore race. Racing make me stressed somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always start thinking about everything else that needs to get done. While I am doing okay in making running a priority, just don't feel, deep down, that it's important. I wonder if the mindset changed would I get less bored?

    ReplyDelete